Monday, March 02, 2009

March CraftMadness and Media Monday

For those of you who were not aware (probably everyone)...March is National Craft Month.

Don't worry. I don't usually know these things. I just received an email from Jo-Ann Fabrics recently and that's what it said.

Anywho, in recognition of what a fine month it is with crafting (and St. Patrick's Day right around the corner!) I am going to have some fun with the blog. For the month of March, I'm sure I'll still post family stuff now and again, but for the most part...it's being transformed into Craft Blog. This is what I'm thinking:
Mondays will become Media Mondays. They will feature books that are recommended for certain projects.
Tuesdays will still be Tasty Treat Tuesdays. Yes, I know I missed the last couple weeks (again) but this is new motivation. I think baking is a craft, can I get a holler?
Wednesdays will be Website Wednesdays and will feature a crafty website (not like my temporary one but with people who are way more talented than me and actually spend their life making income being crafty.)
Thursdays will be...I'm still trying to think of a creative title but it will feature a (completed) project I've done. This way you can see that if I can do it...you certainly can!
Fridays will be Friend Friday. These will feature guest posts.

Let's get started!

********************************************
Today would be Media Monday. Our first book to be featured is: Sock and Glove by Miyako Kanamori.
What to do with that random lone sock that lost its mate to the laundry machine monster? Or the sole glove who was without a companion after a long afternoon playing in the snow?
Throw them away?
NO!
See the adorable picture at the top of the post? Make some animals!
Seriously, what child would not adore these little friends?

I have the book, but am sad to say that I have not sat myself down to make any yet. My big project last year was making a quilt for Noah's bed and I wiped myself out with that one. This year I plan on it, though. The book is so beautiful and fun that I will admit that, at time, I pull it off the bookshelf and just look through it. It makes me happy.
Martha Stewart featured the book on her show last year. They look so easy to make.


You can go here for a free pattern on how to make the cuties above.
Enjoy!

Photo from marthastewart.com

2 comments:

Dee said...

Fun! I like crafts! In fact, I like making things so much, I'm making a person as we speak! He or she should be done around September 2!

RamblingMother said...

my old socks don't look good enough for a puppet, heh. Congrats on your SITS day. I perused your blog and commented here sorry it isn't on the actual SITS post.