Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tasty Treat Tuesday

Today's recipe was given to me by my friend, Kelly. I am not sure where she got it from, but she enjoys cooking and baking so it could be from anywhere - a cookbook, magazine, cooking show, her own imagination. I am the type of person that prefers cantaloupe over honeydew, but this recipe is so delicious. You can use it to impress people, as it looks fancy and tastes elegant. It's great with a summertime meal.

HONEYDEW SOUP

3 c. cubed honeydew
1/2 c. white grape juice
1 Tbsp. sugar

*Process until smooth in blender. Refrigerate until chilled. Makes 3-4 servings. If desired, add a couple spoonfuls of the fruit dip (recipe featured below) for a creamier consistency.

FRUIT DIP

1/2 c. orange juice
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg yolk
2 Tbsp. butter
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tub Cool Whip

*Heat juice, sugar, egg yok and butter on stovetop until thickened. If it doesn't thicken, add 1 Tbsp. cornstarch.
*When thick, add the softened cream cheese. Remove from heat.
*When mixture is cool, add the tub of Cool Whip.

5 comments:

Karin Katherine said...

I'm all over that fruit dip.
Thanks for sharing.

Lis @ ATruckerWife said...

Oooooh I have honeydew in my fridge right now! That sounds divine!

The Double Dipped Life said...

Yum! Both recipes look divine!

Heather at Mad Rose Creations said...

Ooo the fruit dip sounds delightful. I think I"m ready for warmer weather

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

Do you have any other fruit soup recipes? I had some great fruit soups on my cruises, but have never found any recipes for them.