Friday, March 06, 2009

Friend Friday!

Our first Friend Friday features one of my husband's closest friends. They were roommates in college and, after Tim and I bought our first house, he actually rented a bedroom in our basement. We had many metal projects being welded in our garage and displayed in the family room in the basement. I will say from firsthand watching, he has come so far in his experience and talent and we are proud of all the things he has accomplished in just a short time of a few years. He is a blogging machine and people value his advice and opinions. The last I checked his blog (this morning) he had 1040 followers. His wife is a budding photographer and owns her own business, Grace Designs Photography. You can check out her site through a link on the right side of this page under the Craftly Little Sites heading. She took the header picture of Noah and Ellie that was featured on my blog until recently.
I now present to you....

Tim Adam


I am a self taught metal artist, and a certified Mig welder. I started designing modern metal furniture in 2004. I built my first piece in Baltimore with my sister-in-law who is a furniture designer. I found my passion in metal and kept on designing and building. I struggled for 4 years to make a name in local galleries in the Grand Rapids Michigan area.

A friend of mine introduced me to Etsy in February of 2007, and it changed my business. I started creating a jewelry line and have not turned back. In November of 2007 I had to quit my full time job because my passion was becoming a dream come true! I am now selling all over the world through my Etsy shop. I also have wholesale accounts around the country with galleries, museums and salons. I am also a full time blogger dedicated to the handmade scene.

I now live in Louisville, Ohio with my beautiful wife and our Jack russel, Sadie. I am currently studying to be a photographer, so i can be my wife's second shooter in her upcoming weddings in 2009.




Make sure you stop by Tim's websites!
Enjoy your weekend! Over the weekend I will do a family update to let you know some good news I received this week. Don't forget to stop back Monday for Media Monday as we continue March CraftMadness.







4 comments:

christina said...

Hey! Aw, what a good article. Thanks for doing that for Tim! It looks awesome! I also spent some time looking around your blog and I love the crafty theme you're going with this month! :)

timothy said...

Thanks.. for the feature!!!

Cristina Hurley Jewelry Design said...

Great article, Tim is a fountain of knowledge for all of us!

Leah said...

Yay for Tim and Christina! They are both so talented and we are so excited to have them at our church, The Summit. :)