Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Website Wednesday

What better way to kick off our first Website Wednesday during Craft Month than with the Mother of all crafty handmade sites?

Etsy.

For those of you who have been living under a rock and have not heard of it, Etsy is a place where you can sell homemade items, buy homemade items or spend hours upon hours browsing through beautiful items. They have just about anything and everything handmade that you are looking for. Food? Got it. Vintage jewelry? Check. Art made of wood, metal, plastic, etc.? Find it there.
I have a couple friends who sell items on Etsy. My friend, Rachel, has an etsy shop. You will find out more about her on a Friend Friday, but her etsy store is where she has sold beautiful jewelry. She made me a pair of earrings and a necklace and I get compliments every time I wear them.
Our friend, Tim, also has one and I tell you what, he has made a name for himself in the Etsy world. If you are ever looking for help or advice when it comes to selling on Etsy, get ahold of him. He has websites and tutorials devoted to it.

Have fun exploring Etsy, but beware - it's addictive.

Has anyone bought or sold anything on Etsy? Are there certain sellers you like to check in on?

1 comment:

daniella said...

For this reason alone, I stay away. I think I would blow our budget away if I browsed too much because I end up wanting everything. And it's so easy to get carried away too, because you're buying "handmade" and homeade, and all.