Thursday, December 18, 2008

We WISH You A Merry Christmas

Today was Noah's Christmas program at preschool. My parents drove over for the morning to watch and then visit and have lunch afterwards. Tim took the morning off work to go to it. Actually, he and all the other dads were there. I think just about every kid had grandparents there as well. For there being 15 kids in the classroom they really had a packed out audience in the church sanctuary (his preschool is at a local church.)

I was a bit nervous before they started. After all, this was his first performance. I wasn't sure if he was going to run out and sit with us instead of participating, if he would stand there and cry, or stand there and do nothing or if he would soak it all up.

He soaked it up.

By the last two songs he was belting them out. I really don't mean singing, just yelling the words at the top of his lungs. I like the little girl next to him that just enjoyed jumping up and down. All the kids did great. No tears. After the first song, there was a kid who thought they must be done so he started running to his parents but they said, "No, go back up" and he did. He kind of had a "Oh, yeah. I forgot" look on his face.

We had cookies and punch afterwards and were given the Christmas presents our kids made us. Noah presented us with a medium size pretzel coated in glitter. Tim hates glitter and the mess it makes in the house so he whispered to me to ask if we had to bring it in the house. Of course! What was he thinking? Sure enough we got home and hung it on the tree and, thank God for the tree skirt, because there is a good size pile of glitter underneath where the pretzel is hanging. But Noah is so proud of it and I am so proud of him.

And, yes, between the emotions of Christmas and watching my little boy get older and PMS, I did actually cry during their first song. In a discreet way, of course.

They opened by walking up the aisle ringing their little bell wreaths and singing "Jingle Bells." They then sang it again after they were positioned up front.

This next video is not the best visual quality but is so that you can hear Noah. He's the loud one.

2 comments:

daniella said...

So cute! I think you might have a Superstar in your household :-)

Tiffany said...

Those Christmas programs always put me in a Christmasy mood!