Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pictures from Christmas

Here are a few pictures from last week. My sister and brother-in-law both had to work on Christmas Eve, although my sister only had to work a half day. My sister's mother-in-law usually watches Kailyn but my mom took her for the morning so she and Noah could play together. They made a gingerbread house and Kailyn hosted a tea party in the playroom upstairs.
My mom was the first victim of the tiara and feather boa. Kailyn, dressed in her stylish purple cat glasses, took frequent trips to the "store" (bedroom across the hall) for necessities such as ice cream and also to Home Depot for wood.

She dressed me in a fireman's hat and sweet '80s glasses.

Even Uncle Tim joined in although he was able to escape costume.

I think Ellie was disappointed the food wasn't real. It's her first tea party, though!

This was the best picture I could get of the three of them on Christmas day. I wish Ellie's teeth would come through so she wasn't such a waterfall of drool.

We actually went to the beach in Grand Haven for a few minutes on Sunday. Ellie and I stayed in the car while Tim tried to take Noah for a closer look at all the ice. They didn't last long. It was a very cold day. The waves were much bigger than we thought they would be although you can't tell from this picture.



4 comments:

Megan said...

How adorable is that little tea party?! heehee

That ice is pretty cool looking, but literally and figuratively! LOL

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't think kids understand play food from real food until about age 3!

Jenkins said...

Seriously ADORABLE!
And loving the crown!

daniella said...

Your tree is so cute! I like the "snow" underneath it too; reminds me of the tree from my childhood.

Yeah, just looking at the pic of the beach sent shivers through me. I don't know how you live in the cold like that.