Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tasty Treat Tuesday

Like my Triple-T title?
Noah and I have stumbed upon a yummy and healthy snack this week that I thought I would share. You'll need an apple, peanut butter, honey, oats and an apple corer.
1. Core the apple, making sure to leave it whole (for instance - don't use the corers that also slice the apple.)
2. Mix some peanut butter, honey and oats together. I don't have measurements because I just eyeball all of it and use more or less of certain items. Your goal is to have enough to fill the space left by the core of the apple....leading to the next step...
3. Fill the middle of the apple with the peanut butter mixture. Pack it in tight.
4. Slice the apple crosswise.
Voila! Apple rings with a yummy middle.
This snack can be messy and it might take a couple times making it before you get the right combo and everything. The first time we made it I didn't stuff the middle enough and so when I sliced it, the filling pretty much fell out of the rings. In this case, we just scooped up the mixture with our apple slices and enjoyed it just the same!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That sounds yummy and something that kids would like eating.

daniella said...

mmmm! That does sound good! I also like your title and think you should do this every tuesday. I'll have to try the recipe.