Saturday, November 01, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Noah was a "painter like daddy" for Halloween this year. Ellie borrowed a dress up outfit from my mom's house and was a butterfly. It was perfect weather for some trick or treating.


Ellie did great and was cheerful the whole time (until we tried to take these pictures then it was a little close to the bottle time - hence the binky in the mouth.) People gave extra candy even though we said she wouldn't be able to eat it.

Noah collected his goods in a paint can and people thought he was cute and creative. Tim and I separated the candy last night after he was in bed. We left him about 5 or 6 pieces and decided to limit to one a day. Yes, we are "those parents." I was telling Tim this week that I don't even know why we take him out since we don't actually let him have candy but he reminded me that it's (a) fun and a way to meet neighbors and (b) the candy is for the parents at this age.

9 comments:

Abounader Photography said...

AWWWW!!! They're beautiful :-)

Buttons and Dots Photography said...

Love the butterfly! And a painter...how original!

What A Card said...

Oh, so cute! And I love the paintcan idea for collecting candy.

And shhhh, my boys don't get to eat ANY of their candy due to food allergies. So we took them trick-or-treating knowing all the candy was for us!

(I'm visiting via the SITS linky...hi!)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Wonderful!! Very original painter, with a paintcan treat container too!! The most beautiful butterfly EVER!!

Happy November!

Jeannie

Andrea said...

Stopped by from SITS...how cute that your little boy wanted to be just like his daddy! That's so sweet!

Tara Bennett said...

Those costume pictures are precious! I love her flower halo - so cute. But I have to say my favorite picture is the one up in your title. That is - well I'm left without words. =)

Unknown said...

Your children our beautiful and it looks like everybody had fun. I found your post thru another blogger and read the previous post.
When we lost our son (which is different than a husband taking his own life) the grief was indescribable. I didn't need anything anybody could give me, my son back. But having people around me ALL the time helped. I had a really hard time being alone. Most times I didn't want to talk about it, just not to be alone. You may have to reach out more than once before she takes you up on it. Everybody does grieve differently, but it is very easy to fall into major depression. Keep an eye out for her.

Michelle said...

Hi. Stopped over from SITS. Love your title picture. Lil' cutie.

Cass said...

OMG! How cute are they? Thanks so much for stopping by my saucy blog & hope to see you again!