Monday, April 28, 2008

First Sponge Bath

It was a good weekend for us. My parents took Noah Friday morning so that Tim could go back to work and I could have the weekend to recover and try to kick these headaches. Noah was ready to go and quite excited to see Grandpa and Grandma again and we were thankful for their willingness to have him so soon after they had just stayed with him while we were in the hospital. Tim is meeting my parents tonight after work to pick him up. I have missed Noah since I feel like last week I was either in the hospital or on bed rest and not really able to enjoy seeing him.
Yesterday I woke up without a headache! Today was also a success so it looks like we're getting somewhere. I'll get a very minor one usually in the afternoon or when I've maybe pushed my limits and should be resting, but they're not like they were so praise God! I have noticed a tenderness in my back the past couple days in the spot where they did the epidural and blood patch, so my final opinion - although I'm no doctor - is that it probably was a spinal and tension headache combination. But who cares? I'm feeling better and that's all that matters.
Ellie was a rough sleeper over the weekend. Her days and nights have been mixed up, making for long, tiresome nights for us. Yesterday we worked hard at trying to keep her up during certain parts of the day and evening and it seemed to work because she nursed at 10:00pm, we all were sleeping by 10:30 and she didn't wake up again until 3:00am! It was the most wonderful feeling for us. She then stayed awake until almost 5:00, but hey, we're getting there.
She also had her first sponge bath at home last night (that could have helped with the sleeping I guess.) She cried through the whole thing; I remember Noah doing the same for his first. She smells nice and clean now so it was worth the noise. Start the screaming.Tired out but clean.

We're still getting used to all the pink attire!

1 comment:

mckeefamily03 said...

She's beautiful!! Both Evie and Elaina screamed through their first baths as well! You are doing awesome Andrea! Hang in there... those first nights are tough, but soon enough, she will be sleeping right through!!