Monday, May 11, 2009

Sniff, sniff

This past week held an emotional moment for me...the series finale of Scrubs.
Tim and I jumped into the show a couple seasons in and we actually own the first three or four seasons on DVD. We have enjoyed Scrubs because it is just so funny most of the time. I think the earlier seasons were better - don't they all start off that way? Was it always clean? No - it's kind of hard to find that on TV now. That is one reason I'm kind of thankful it's done: it gives me one less thing to watch. We don't even own a TV but still find ourselves watching a few shows online. With Scrubs out now we're just down to Lost, House, and Fringe (which I read while Tim watches because it freaks me out most of the time and then I have nightmares.) Although I did see that Wipeout is starting again in a couple weeks and I know we'll be watching that, but it's just a summer show.
Anyways, so watching the last episode of Scrubs was much like watching the finale of Friends for me. It was a bit more intense because I was not actually aware until that morning that it was the series finale not season finale, although it seemed throughout the season that it was coming to it (The Janitor getting married, Ted finding a girlfriend, Dr. Cox and his wife learning to be more open with their emotions with each other, etc.) I am glad it ended the way it did - JD and Elliott together, you learn The Janitor's name (kind of), JD gets his affirmation and hug from Dr. Cox and Laverne made an appearance! If you don't watch Scrubs you have no idea what I'm talking about, but just know I'm very content right now. =)
This is the last few minutes of the finale...when I started to tear up. I just love this song by Peter Gabriel ("Book of Love") and I thought it was a perfect ending.

I also love that the janitor who tells JD "goodnight" is the series creator, what a creative way to end a long run.

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

I didnt know it was the SERIES finale either... & I cried my eyes out!!!! It was a great ending!