Monday, May 04, 2009

I'm Back!

After a restful month off blogging, I'm back with the first of many posts. April felt like a long month and the first few days of May have already been event-filled so there are lots of pictures and stories to share. I'll break it up into separate blogs so they're easier to read, but first I just wanted to ask for prayer for my dad. He is a Chrysler employee and, while at their house Friday night, he got an automated/recorded phone call announcing his being laid off. After numerous calls to fellow employees, bosses and union leaders (he had been told that morning that they were going to be working through the bankruptcy process so there was a bit of confusion going on) he finally heard back. He doesn't work for a production plant - he works in the future vehicle process so they're already working on the 2011 prototypes and whatnot - but they can't buy the supplies they need while they're in bankruptcy. His boss and union guy are expecting to only be for a week or two...but we'll see. 23 years with a company just goes to show that nothing is ever stable.
Please keep him and my mom in prayer as they wait out this interesting time.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I'm sorry, that is so sad. This recession is so sad.

My family friend, her husband was laid off of a company he was employed by for 33 years.

Hopefully your Dad find other work.

daniella said...

I'm sorry to hear that, how unfortunate! Ain't that right; nothing in this world is a guarantee. I"ll be praying.

Glad to have you back, I've missed you so much!!!