Monday, May 04, 2009

Ellie's first party and family visits

We celebrated Ellie's first birthday a week early because we thought family would have an easier time visiting since it was a holiday weekend. Tim's parents came the Wednesday night beforehand and stayed until Saturday afternoon. My parents came the Friday night before and stayed until Easter afternoon. My sister and her family came just for the day on Saturday. It was a fun time. I went with a more adult menu because since she was only turning one I could get away with it. I was so thankful for the help of my mom and mother-in-law with preparation and cleaning.

We enjoyed our time with Grandma Joycie and Papa Ross.

I took the breakfast pizza (covered with berries) and an unpictured (it was still in the oven) dish of lemon basil eggs over focaccia from an episode of Everday Italian that I saw at my parents' house a couple years ago. We had cupcakes instead of cake. There were strawberry scones that were delicious! They were a "kid friendly" recipe I found in a Family Fun magazine - they were very moist, unlike the typical scone. We also had fruit salad and yummy punch!Ellie loved her first taste of a sweet treat. Cupcakes are a hit! She enjoyed them so much...

...that she wanted Daddy's when she was done with her own!

3 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Look at her reaching for that cupcake... oh yeah, she likes it!!!

What a doll baby!

And sorry to hear about your dad... so much of the same news is going around... that just breaks my heart...

Meg said...

Looks like she enjoyed her cupcake, they look fabulous!

Happy birthday beautiful girl.

daniella said...

I'd love the scone recipe when you have a chance.

Happy Beleated Birthday, Elle! When you grow up you can have as many cupcakes as you want. But I warn you, your thighs might not agree. Try to persuade your mom right now to give you as many as she could since they have no other effect than a few hyper minutes (or hours?).