Monday, May 04, 2009

And the Picture Posts Continue...

Finger "painting" with chocolate pudding...messy but at least they can eat it.
Noah loved this kind of art project.
Caught in the act. What is it about an empty dishwasher that
says "Hey, climb on up?"
Noah and my dad playing in the hotel pool
over Elile's party/Easter weekend.

Noah introducing Ellie to pool water. She wasn't
crazy about it at first but was enjoying it towards the end.

This little guy also goes by the name Noah (although we call him "Baby Noah"
around here) and is the firstborn of our friends, Justin and Carrie. He was born in
early April. Our friends, Josh and Sara, also had a baby boy just about a week
prior and named him Jacob. I love getting a baby fix from these guys!

When I get home from grocery shopping, Tim and I play a game where I make
him guess how much I spent, saved, and how much I paid for certain items. Because I went
during the day last week, I took pictures so that he could still appreciate couponing. This was from Target. Any guesses? I spent $10.30 and saved $28.69!

After our Target trip, the kids and I headed over to Meijer. Can I just first of all say that
my kids are awesome when they go grocery shopping with me. I have heard other moms
talk about how difficult it is for them to go with their kids so I am super thankful mine enjoy it!
OK, so last week at Meijer, you got 2 free movie tickets when you bought 10 Kelloggs items (including Sunshine and Keebler) so when I add in the savings of free movie tickets (which, for an evening show would cost a total of $17), I spent $21.51 and saved $32.46. My goal this year is to save more than spent on my trips. Some weeks are better than others.
I bought a sunhat over the weekend and found it crawling through the kitchen this morning.

3 comments:

Adminswife said...

You don't know me, but I am Luke Rumley's mother. I saw your dishwasher picture. When Luke and his sisters were little they used to climb on the open dishwasher door too. Did you know the hinges cost $35 EACH to replace. We know, we did it two times. After that, I learned to keep the door shut - or keep the kids out of the kitchen when the door was open and the dishes drying. Just FYI.

daniella said...

Holy crow, how did you save all that money? Please teach me, please!

What a great idea to use chocolate pudding for finger painting. Now I just need to get a big flat surface for that because my white table would go to trash if I let her do that.

Meg said...

Love the art project...fun and best part is that it is non toxic.

The pictures from the pool look like Noah had a lot of fun.

Rock on with the grocery shopping, I need to get better about it.