Monday, March 10, 2008

Stressful Week Ends With Good News!

Crazy start to the week. I won't go into the details but let's just say that Tuesday night and Wednesday morning I was starting to doubt God again. It's so easy to do when you feel hit from every direction - especially financially. Thursday afternoon we had an unexpected blessing which helped. That day Tim also met with a painter in Grand Rapids who is looking for subcontractors. It was a brief meeting and then a quick phone call to find out some more information, but it wasn't until Friday afternoon that they actually sat down with each other and really talked/went through an interview process - for an hour and a half! It ended with Tim accepting the position and we are extremely excited about it. This means consistent work and good pay with Tim working on higher end homes, which has always been his dream. By doing more in this line of houses it actually allows him to learn more techniques and not feel like he's hit a glass ceiling which was kind of where he was at currently. He starts March 17, which is perfect because he actually does have work this week.
Saturday night I was really in the mood for a summery type meal since the sun was so nice and bright that day (although temperatures were freezing!) We made hamburgers (never as good cooked on a stovetop as they are on a grill), baked beans, corn and cantaloupe. I thought it was funny as we were sitting down to eat because I looked at the cantaloupe and thought about a recent sermon series at our church on blessings (you can check out the podcasts at www.thejourneycc.com if interested) and about how we had been blessed that week. Also, after sitting down, I heard what song was playing on the iPod. I had put on Caedmon's Call's "Long Line of Leavers" which I don't think I've listened to in years. The following lyrics are to the song and they fit how I felt in earlier in the week:

"Prove Me Wrong"
Sometimes I fear
Maybe I'm not chosen
You've hardened my heart like Pharoe
And that would explain why
Life is so hard for me
And I am sad that Esau hated
Crying against what's faded
Saying, "Father, please...
Is there any left for me?"

(chorus)
Cast all my doubts
Please, prove me wrong
Cause these demons
Can be so headstrong
Make my walls fall
Please, prove me wrong
Cause this resentment's been building
So burn them up with your fire so strong
And if you can before I bail
Please, prove me wrong

I fear maybe this is all just a game
And our friends and our families all play
To harness the young
And give some comfort to the old
(chorus)

(bridge)
Don't let my doubts prove true
Draw me close and hold me near to you
Keep me strong until the day you...
(chorus)

I thought that was just funny because this week He did make my walls fall and prove me wrong and I am thankful for that.
So that's about it here. I woke up sick in the middle of the night - sore throat, runny nose, headache...all that fun stuff. I have a feeling Noah might be sick as well because I can hear him waking up right now and he's crying and that is not normal for him. He also woke up once in the middle of the night crying and asking for water...so hopefully this will be a relaxing day for us both. Thankfully, I don't have to watch Emma today (she is sick as well) so we can lay around all day in our pajamas if needed.

No comments: