Thursday, March 13, 2008

Random random

All sorts of things going on here. I'm getting another niece in July. The Ross cousins are starting to become a little more evened out. By the end of July there will be a total of 5 boys ranging in age from almost 8 years to about 8 months and 3 girls with the oldest at just over 3 years and the youngest being a newborn. I also found out some good friends of our's, Jack and Kelly, are also expecing a girl in late July. Little girls are popping up everywhere!
I had my 34 week checkup yesterday afternoon. My measurements and weight gain are good, the heart rate is good...my blood pressure is not so good. I have to be tested for preeclampsia next week so I am a little nervous about that (probably not helping the blood pressure go down at all.) My friend, Sara, from our small group came over this morning with her daughter, Laine. Laine was born 8 weeks early due to Sara having preeclampsia (Laine is now over a year old) so Sara was asking me questions and telling me about her experience. At least I am at a point in my pregnancy where if Ellie had to be delivered early, I am already only 6 weeks out. We - Tim, me, my mom and a couple others - have a feeling she will be coming in early April rather than late since the only "cure" for high blood pressure in pregnancy is delivery. So yikes! Lots to do still and who knows? I could be on bedrest as early as next Thursday afternoon.
Some good friends of our's received some VERY exciting news today but I won't share until they say it's ok. I will say it was the highlight of my day, if not my week.
Some other good friends, Tim and Christina, announced this week they will be moving to Ohio as early as June. That is exciting too, although Tim and I will miss them. We do feel like God just seems to be opening all doors for them to go so it is hard to not be excited for them and this new journey they'll be entering. They'll also be moving down near both their families and it's pretty close to where Tim's parents and Randy and Deidra now live, so we know we'll still see them quite a bit throughout the year.
Noah has been acting up with Tim being gone this week. I mean, Tim is here, he just has been working from early morning until dinner, coming home for about 15 minutes to grab a bite to eat and then he takes off again for another side job until around 10 or 11:00. Tonight is his last night (yea!) so we are looking forward to him being home tomorrow evening to actually put Noah to bed after playing with him for a bit. The funny thing is - Noah is good for me when it's just the two of us at home. It's when Tim is here that he gets the attitude. Tim has to work Saturday as well, so I am looking forward to Sunday afternoon and a chance for us all to relax and be home together.
Well, that's about it. Just a quick little random update but now I'm thinking of heading to bed. I was going to try to stay up until Tim got home tonight, but unless he makes it home by the time I get done brushing my teeth I don't think it's going to happen tonight.
The youtube video below is not really a video - it's just a still picture of a band called Band of Horses while a song plays. The song is a favorite of mine at the moment. It's called "No One's Gonna Love You"(More than I do.) I first heard it on an episode of Chuck (one of mine and Tim's new favorite shows - SO funny!) and love the song. Also - if you're ever looking for a song to get you out of a funk and put you in a good mood, I suggest Paolo Nutini's "New Shoes." Another favorite.

No comments: