Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Found It!!

Have you ever experienced that nagging sensation when you hear a song that you have heard it before but can't figure out where? When Tim McGraw came out with "When the Stars Go Blue" I knew I had heard it before and it wasn't actually his song. For over a year I have searched my brain for it and come up with nothing.
Tonight I finally googled it. Brilliant. Why didn't I think of that a year ago?
I discovered that I knew it from Bono (from U2) singing it with The Corrs. Whew. There is one more thing I can cross off my list. I also discovered that about 5 other people have remade the song since the original in 2001. It is a good song. If I could sing, I would remake it.
I love music. Tim and I have such an eclectic mix of CDs as well as music on our iPod. I have tried to convince him to like older rock music, like The Doors or Led Zeppelin. He tolerates it but wouldn't voluntarily listen to it. He also is not a fan of The Beatles...that drives me nuts. Who DOESN'T appreciate The Beatles???
One of my favorite albums from last year (well, I bought it last year - I think it came out in 2006) was Bebo Norman's "Beneath the Dreaming and the Coming True." It is such an incredible CD. Lyrics are great, music is fantastic...Tim was not thrilled when I chose to use a gift card on it because there were other CDs he would have chosen first. He will admit now that it is his favorite Bebo CD.
My other favorite from last year (again - I believe it came out in 2006, but Tim gave it to me for Valentine's Day in 2007) was Corinne Bailey Rae. Wow, can she sing. Noah likes to listen to that one as well.
Actually, there are all sorts of good songs and artists I like. I love how, no matter what mood you are in, there is music to go along with it. It's kind of like you can easily find a soundtrack for your life. Mad? Try hard rock. Maybe a little Linkin Park (in high school I liked listening to Korn while angry.) Feeling nostalgic? Break out the music from your childhood. I, personally, love to flashback to the 80s and 90s...maybe a little New Kids on the Block or early Madonna. "Oh oh oh oh oh. Oh oh oh oh. Oh oh oh oh oh. The right stuff." Are you calm, peaceful and content? Throw on the classical. My favorite piece is "Claire de lune." Maybe you want to dance around the house while cleaning? That is when I break out the Justin Timberlake CD and start bringing sexy back to cleaning (or so I think.) Frustrated in life? Break out some worship music and remember God's promises. I have a worship playlist on the iPod with a mix of songs I sought through to find specific ones that have meaning to me or lyrics that have spoken to me in the past.
Music for the mood. What kind of music do you enjoy?

1 comment:

Lindsy said...

WHAT?!?! Tim doesn't like the Beatles....guess I'll have to end any communication with him ~ ha ha :o)
And NKOTB ~ my mom wouldn't let Whit and me listen to that...my older (and so cool) cousins had NKOTB bedding even!!! Ah, the "good ol' days" :o)