Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hit By A Flashback

I went to Meijer the other day with the goal of purchasing two items: diapers and tortilla shells.
While standing in the diaper aisle debating between Pull-Ups and regular diapers, the intercom song slowly started drifting through my ears. It was unique...easily recognizable...and brought back memories of my second grade dance recital. I wanted so badly to take out my cell phone and call my cousin, Jamie, who was in dance with me that year and who I can still laugh about the song with. Alas, my cell phone is a piece of junk and as soon as it hit analog inside Meijer it died.
I stood in front of the Pull-Ups section, slightly hypnotized and wishing there was someone I could share the moment with. Oh, the memories. A neon pink crop tank top, bordered with neon green sparkles, matching neon pink and green bordered skirt layered ever-so-awesomely over bright green spandex leggings that only went mid-calf, bright green fingerless gloves and all of it topped off with the same green sparkly beaded headband that we used to wrap around our half-pulled up side ponytails.
And the song that we danced to?



No comments: