Wednesday, July 02, 2008

What a Grandview!

Grandview is the name of the street we just bought a house on! Our closing was yesterday and I hadn't mentioned anything on here before because I wanted to wait until it was officially our's (well, our's and the bank's) in case anything fell through. But it all went off without a hitch and we are now in home ownership mode again. It's amazing how in this market you can own a house with a mortgage payment cheaper than paying rent. Anyways...
Our new residence is in Spring Lake. It is a 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bathroom cape cod with a somewhat finished basement (half is storage area, half is finished although we need to do our own thing to it to make it into a playroom for the kids.) It is on a half acre lot and most of the yard is fenced in (yea!) We love it and plan on being here for a loooooong time. Although we took boxes over last night and plan on taking more tonight and tomorrow during the day, our "big" move is scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday) night. (Anyone in the area looking for something to do tomorrow night?) We went over to clean last night and Stephani came to help. While there, our friends Justin & Carrie (Justin & I have known each other for years and they have a house right around the corner from where our's now is) stopped by to see if we were there and ended up helping out as well. I'm so thankful for friends who are willing to get dirty to help you out! They all did a great job and we're ready to go. Tim is going to be painting the kids' room tonight so that can be done by the time we spend our first night there. Rachel is coming out to help me paint a mural on their wall this weekend that I am very excited about. I would say I can have pictures of all that, but I forgot my camera at my cousin's wedding and it is now in the possession of my aunt. However, we do have pictures of the house that we took after our offer was accepted so I can at least share those.
Welcome to our new home:
Hello! I'm Noah and I will be your tour guide today. This is our entryway. Mom and Dad are suckers for arched doorways, alcove ceilings and hardwood floors.This is where our guests will stay for a few years. The other 2 bedrooms are upstairs, but this is on the main floor. Because they're not comfortable with us sleeping on a separate floor at our ages, Ellie and I will be sharing sleeping quarters upstairs and they will be in the other upstairs bedroom. The main floor will be for our lovely visitors.This is our full bathroom. You can't see the toilet or shower but they're in there!Mom will cook lots of meals in our new kitchen. The stove is hidden on the right.Ellie and I are going to be able to play with our friends in this room in the basement. Mom and Dad are going to put carpet down and paint some fun colors in here.Mom loves this large closet and shelving/drawer system in the upstairs hallway.
Ellie and I will share this room. There are hardwood floors underneath the carpet in the upstairs bedrooms that Dad is going to eventually rip up and refinish.The half bathroom is in Mom and Dad's room.Come on outside with me! We have to go through the laundry room that Mom will enjoy having on the main floor.
This is my backyard!


Thank you for seeing our house! Let us know if you would like to visit us in it!

7 comments:

Jenkins said...

The house is so cute. I am loving that closet system and the floors look really nice. Noah looks so cute and very excited for his new pad. The backyard could not be any more perfect for kids.
We are excited for you! Have fun with the move.

BexxT said...

ohhh A porch!

I am so envious Annie :) This little cape cod bungalow is pretty much the very definition of my dream home (and the trees! I love big trees!)

Congrats. If I were in Michigan I would help you move :) Good luck!

Amanda said...

Adorable!!!!! How exciting to have a house to call your own...have fun moving and arranging...can't wait to see pics when you've gotten your things settled. :)

JB said...

This house is absolutely beautiful!! I love all the paint colors and the hardwood floors our beautiful! Oh, how I miss living in a house. Congrats to you guys!

Erin Morgan said...

Wow! How exciting. I remember that feeling of being a new home owner. It is such a special time. Congrats! When do you move?

mckeefamily03 said...

Your house is awesome! A dream home! Congratulations! Have fun moving in, I wish we were there to help!

Lindsy said...

Congrats on the house ~ it is really cute :o)
We leave early Sat. morning and will be gone until the first weekend in August. Weston is driving us to WI (to my aunt's house) and then he'll head back to MI the next day. Mom and Dad are going to pick us up in WI and bring us the rest of the way home to MN. Weston thought it would be a "prime" time to re-do the boys' room since we'll be gone for a month.
I have a cute train cake that I did for Griff (let me know if you want pics and recipe) and I have the lava/dino cake recipe too ~ just let me know if you want either :o)
We're going to Grand Haven tomorrow night for the fireworks with Keith and Nicole....maybe we'll see you guys?? :o)