Thursday, July 10, 2008

Butterflies

I think I might throw up.
With the encouragement of Tim and my mom, I sent an essay in to RealSimple's Life Lessons essay contest. I just finished pressing the send button and checking my email to receive an automated "thanks for your submission" reply from them.
Now I just have to wait until after January 3rd, 2009 to find out whether or not it was chosen.
I've never done anything like this because I'm so afraid of rejection. When I'm writing, I'm putting myself out there...I'm exposing my feelings, thoughts, emotions, and experiences. It's one thing to do it for all you who read this.
It's another thing to do it for a contest where they're picking a "best."
This is why I now feel like I have butterflies in my stomach so strong that they are going to just fly away with it.
Pray for me that I may make it through the next 6 months and maybe even forget that I did this so I don't think about it all the time.

3 comments:

Pepper Blossom said...

what was the topic? it IS about time...you are such a great writer!

Andrea said...

You will have to wait and see...I'll just say that it dealt with motherhood in a sense and it was the topic of a blog not long ago. Thanks for the compliment.

Jenkins said...

Ok, that is so exciting. Good for you. That is kind of my secret wish too. I have no idea what I would write about or where to send it but I thought it would be something fun to try. Cannot wait to see the results.

The envelope please...