Thursday, March 14, 2013

Catch it Quick

I always say I want to get back into blogging and then the days go so quickly that it doesn't seem to happen very easily.  Here is another moment where I don't have much time, so I'll give a quick update to at least have a somewhat active blog.  :)

*Homeschool - is going well.  I take pictures and put them on Instagram of the really good days so I can look at them on the not-so-great days to remind me that we do have fun along the way.  I am looking forward to some curriculum changes for next year, as well as some other things to become a part of.  We have a few families we're friends with who will be starting the homeschool journey next year, and while not all of them are geographically close, we're looking forward to the sense of community and encouragement we can still find with each other. 

*Tim's work - we are being so blessed.  Tim's job is one big constant leap of faith.  Self-employment just seems to be that way, right?  We are oftentimes looking at each other and saying, "We don't know where the money's going to come from for next month's bills, but we're just going to trust that God will provide because He always has in the past and we know He always will."  And He does!  It doesn't mean that it's not at the very last minute quite often, and we learn from mistakes along the way, but our needs are provided.  There are many stories I can share about the amazing ways we've seen the Lord working in Tim's job and it's because we just keep stepping out in faith and trusting Him, rather than trying to control the situations ourselves.

*My January goals - I completed all of them!  Then I set goals for February and completed them.  So far I'm on track with my March goals as well.  Or should I say "goal" since I only set one for this month.  Since the beginning of January, I have lost 14 pounds by exercising and eating well.  I have a Pinterest board that you can see here that are exercises I use throughout the week.  I don't have a gym membership, or even a treadmill at home.  I've been exercising at home, before the kids wake up, and the only equipment I have are 3 lb weights and 5 lb weights.  Give it a try!  Most mornings I only spend about 20-30 minutes at the most.  I also have enjoyed the workouts you can find on the Class FitSugar site.  I like that the workouts are 10 minutes long, so I can do as many or little as I have time for.  Tim gets up and works out with me, which helps, and my friend, Jen, keeps me accountable by asking consistently and I try to do the same for her.  It helps knowing you have a friend in another town dragging herself out of bed in the morning as well.

*My walk with the Lord has been really growing over the past few months.  I have never felt such a peace in life, and I know it can only come from the time I am spending with Him. 

*We have been eating healthier in our home.  I have found that my body reacts to gluten.  I have not been tested for Celiac and am hoping that this is something that my body will heal itself of.  For now, though, there is no gluten in my diet.  We do not keep white sugar in the house.  Sugary sweets are not really around much anymore.  We're eating a lot of fruit, dried fruit, nuts, and veggies.  We're buying organic meat, but do not expect our lifestyle to be 100% that way because we know we will eat meals with people who do not buy organic and that is just fine with us.  We just want to make sure that in our home we're eating well so that when we are out and about, it's fine.  We're not freaking out on people about their food choices or anything.  I have tried in the past to get Tim to make different food choices and he was always resistant.  After he did that 2 week detox with me in January, he came out with a new perspective on things.  We've been watching quite a few food documentaries as well, like "Food, Inc.", "Vegucated," "Forks Over Knives," and "King Corn."  I think we've hit a new point in our life where we prefer documentaries over entertainment movies!  I think we're old!

Well, that's about it for here for now.  There is always some kind of excitement going on in our home with all these kids - right now Noah and Ellie are in gymnastics classes and loving it, Caleb has an obsession with pirates, and Zeke is procrastinating walking - but we're pretty content at home lately.  I'm ok with some quiet in our life!

No comments: