Monday, January 19, 2009

Free Baby Food at Meijer!

Even though I make my own baby food, I still keep an eye out for good deals because when we travel it's easier to just bring some jars along.
That is why I was super excited to find Beechnut baby food on sale at Meijer this week 4/$1. I heard there is a coupon in a recent Smart Source insert that was $1/10 jars, making them a total of $1.50. I have that insert but it didn't contain a coupon! Bummer. So I decided to look on Beechnut's website to see if they have printable coupons.
You have to sign up for their e-newsletter (I have a separate email account for coupons and junk mail) and you get a coupon for $1 off 3 products. You can print this coupon twice. My Meijer let me use the extra 25 cents from the coupon (since it's only for 3) toward another jar so I ended up with 8 jars of baby food for absolutely free!
If you have the $1/10 coupon AND the two dollar off coupons, you could spend $1.50 for 18 jars of baby food, which would make them eight cents each!

4 comments:

Jade Bordeaux said...

Although I can't use this anymore, I bet this "money saving tip" can help out a lot of people. I miss shopping for baby food! Everything always sounded so good!!!!

Lacey Rumley said...

Andrea - you're famous! I saw your link for this on MoneySavingMom! :-) Thanks for the info. I definitely would have missed this deal, and am going to grab some of the baby food even though Baby's still in the oven. If I can't use it before it expires, I'll give it to someone who can! Thanks!

Jenkins said...

Nothing better than a good deal like that. It gets me excited!

Jenney said...

I just found your blog from the Morgan's Mat. and I WISH our Meijer wasn't so far away! That and the fact we are having a snow storm. I also make most of my baby food, but jar food is convient on the go!