Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Two Confessions....

1.) I don't know how this happened, but shortly after Ellie was born I started receiving UsWeekly in the mail. I have never signed up for it, but every week it comes - delivered to my name and address. So this, sadly, has become one of my favorite times of the week: the day I find the trashy celebrity tabloid in the mail. I cannot wait to put the kids down for their afternoon nap and then settle down to catch up on the celebrity gossip (of which I'm sure much is not actually true.) There's something so...mindless about it. I know, I am sad.
2.) Sudoku. I have become a huge fan. When the newspaper comes, the first thing I do is read the comics. The second thing I do is break out my pencil (or, if I have to, a pen) and tackle the number puzzle. I could admit to being a nerd, but I will instead defend my Sudoku love with the fact it is keeping my mind sharp. Plus, I'm getting very good at it and have become quite quick in solving them. This is when Tim told me I was obsessed: when the newspaper became not enough for me and I started playing them on www.websudoku.com. I guess in order to combat the mindlessness of UsWeekly, I need to conquer Sudoku.

4 comments:

Dee said...

I love sudoku! Here's one I like to play. You can do colors instead of numbers. That's a fun challenge!
http://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/dailysudoku.jsp

Dee said...

Ok - it cut off the last couple of letters: .jsp

Jenkins said...

I secretly love to read those magazines. I do not get them in the mail and with all of Brayden's doctor visits we are in a lot of waiting rooms. I get some "quality" reading done. But I must admit, if there are other people in the waiting room, I tend to pick up somethine like Time or US News and World Report. If I am alone and I diving into those pictures of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's baby.
Ok, this will be our secret...

Erin Morgan said...

You're so funny!! Once I started staying home, I started buying the magazine that is all about "people". And I really thought it was a better deal to become a... ok, I'll say it... a subscriber! So, each week in the mail, I get my very own copy, and pay half the cover price. So don't feel too bad. Any my second obsession has been the crossword puzzle in the back of each magazine. Oh, I love those things!