Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Feel Like I'm Falling for Fall...

That is part of a little song played on the Noggin channel but it describes how I feel about this season! Thanks to our friend, Jeana, for the fun picture above. She came over to drop something off I had forgotten at their house and ended up staying for a little visit. She brought her camera since it was such a beautiful fall day and she took some pictures while we were playing outside in the leaves. This was my sneak peek photo - I can't wait to see the rest!

What a fun couple of weeks we have had. Noah is completely binky-free. Bedtimes were a breeze, we had a few rough naptimes, but overall it's been great. This past Saturday my grandma held a little Halloween party for the family. Here are some pictures. Tim and I went as an Amish couple. We got the idea because of his beard and the comments people make about him looking Amish when it starts to get long.
Noah was a dinosaur. My dad, the garbage man, is feeding him pieces of a cookie. My mom put a garbage bag over her, taped food to it and went as the garbage he collected. They originally did this for a church harvest party years ago and brought it back this year.My niece, Kailyn, was a fairy - a U of M fairy if you factor in her turtleneck onesie.The whole crazy family: (in back) garbage, garbage man, Ricky & Lucy Ricardo, a witch, a spooky person, a couple of hippies, the headless horseman and his vampire girlfriend, and Bonnie & Clyde; (in front) an injured person and his doctor, with their fairy child, a pumpkin, the phantom of the opera, amish Tim, dinosaur Noah, a green fairy, spiderman, and amish me.

My cousin, Casey, and his girlfriend, Jessica, were not able to make it due to the fact they had their baby that morning, 3 weeks early. Welcome to the world, Gavin! He weighed in at a healthy 7 pounds, 15 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long - we think they had the due date wrong. Jessica had a dream labor, the entire thing was less than 3 hours long from the first contraction to the time Gavin made his appearance. Oh, jealousy.

Tonight we took Noah trick or treating. All the stores in downtown Grand Haven hand out candy from 4-6pm. We thought this would be better than going to the houses in our neighborhood since we don't know any of our neighbors. While driving downtown I thought, "I hope there are at least a couple other trick or treaters so we don't look out of place." This is what we were not expecting:

They actually close down the main street and the place was chaos! You basically end up in this line of people that moves from door to door, or store to store. We ended at the library, where Noah played for a little bit before heading home.

I started really feeling the baby moving this week. It's still not all the time, but usually when I am falling asleep at night I'll feel something slightly stronger than the flutter. I have an ultrasound coming up on Saturday morning that I'm very excited about. I'll post a picture after I have one.

To end, here are some random pictures from this past month...

He loves apples, big and small. This one is at Robinette's in Grand Rapids. He also enjoyed playing on this large tree.

2 comments:

Lindsy said...

Fun stuff! Looks like you guys have been busy!
I took the boys around the Coopersville's stores....they did "Under 13 years old" tirck or treating from 3-5 and then we headed to the church.
Can't wait to see the next ultrasound picture :o)

christina said...

i wish i could see the amish pics bigger! and oh my gosh, your mom went as "garbage" ???? so funny!! and tim said "an injured person? what kind of costume is that, dustin?!" so funny. i am laughing out loud. (not kidding)