Tuesday, October 23, 2007

1st and 2!


First trimester was officially done on Friday, two more to go at this point. Morning sickness is still going full-force, proving to me that it doesn't always magically stop at 12 weeks like it did with Noah.

We had an appointment yesterday afternoon and were able to hear the heartbeat for the first time. It was good and strong, up in the 160s, higher than Noah's was. For all you old wives' tale believers, I've been told that this is the sign of a girl, but I am not putting stock in it. We brought Noah with us (the last time that will happen as we ended up waiting for an hour before the doctor finally came in) and he was quite mesmerized by the sound of the heartbeat. We have also managed to confuse him, as when we now point to his belly and ask what it's called, he responds with "Baby." Yikes!

We had a fantastic weekend. I dropped Noah off to my parents on Wednesday night with the intent of getting him on Saturday. When I called Saturday morning to see what time I should come, they said my dad had taken the day off and they were enjoying him so much they wanted to know if we could come on Sunday. No problem! They loved their time with him and he was, as usual, spoiled with new coloring and sticker books, Halloween books, pajamas, a pumpkin to keep at their house, and a movie.

We loved our time alone. Especially me! Thursday I did all the things that are hard to do with him now, like going to Motherhood Maternity and trying on clothes, going to Barnes and Noble and reading, checking out the new Target. That night we went along with Matt & Jeana's youth group to the Relient K/Switchfoot concert. It was very good, although I think I am getting old.

Friday was a day I had never experienced before. I actually stayed in bed until 4:00 in the afternoon! I would get up to make food and then bring it back into bed to eat. The only reason I got up and showered at all was because that night we went on our first double date with our friends Matt & Stephani (whose daughter was visiting her grandparents this weekend.) We have known them for a year but never not had the kids on the same weekend.

Saturday Tim and I spent the day going around the shops in Grand Haven and Spring Lake. We also visited the local Goodwill to get clothes to make up our Halloween costumes. My grandma is having a costume party on Saturday.

So it was a great weekend. There were a couple little glitches, arguments and whatnot, but they ended well. I talked to my mom Monday morning and she said she is already missing Noah and wanting him back for another visit. I said, "Anytime, Mom. Anytime."

3 comments:

Lindsy said...

How fun! I loved to hear the heartbeats....both Griffin and MacAllistair were high 160s...Paxton was our "typical" boy with 140s....my doctor said she thought both Griffin and MacAllistair were girls....but she was wrong!
Sounds like you a really nice weekend ~ I am jealous....I can't remember what it feels like to be kid-free! Guess I'll know that feeling well enough in 18 years ~ HA!

christina said...

CUTE picture! :) can't wait to be aunty to baby ross #2.

love ya

Amanda said...

You look adorable!!!! :)