Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Changes

Well, well. So much has been going on in my life lately. The biggest is that Tim was offered a job in Ann Arbor that he is going to accept. It is his dream job and he is so excited about it, like a little boy on Christmas morning opening a GI Joe or something. God has been so clear on opening and closing doors for us, that we cannot deny seeing His hand in the process. It will be very hard to leave the west side of the state and our friends here, but we are already setting weekends to come back...it is less than 2 hours away.
I think it is interesting the way life changes. I didn't look back when I left Fowlerville and I spent my whole life there. I have spent 8 years over in this area and it is so sad to think of leaving. I think it is because, although I aged in Fowlerville and grew in years, I grew in maturity and wisdom while living in Grand Rapids. I met my huband here, was married over here, bought (and sold) our first house here, gave birth to my son at Spectrum. There are so many memories for me in Grand Rapids. Even with friends, besides coming across some on myspace and reconnecting in conversation, I have not kept in touch. My friends I have made in Grand Rapids, though, I can tell are my "soul friends" for lack of a better description. Even though some have already moved, we have kept in touch closely, so I know the same will happen when we move.
I think it is also weird because I always pictured raising Noah in Grand Rapids. I know how much Tim and the company he is hiring into wants this to be a permanent position and someday give him employees under his own supervision, so it is weird to think of "settling" and raising a family in the Ann Arbor area. We will not be in Ann Arbor, that is way too expensive, but probably the Pinckney/Dexter area or around there...definitely not Ypsilanti.
So we continue to watch for God's guidance as we wait to hear details of the starting/moving process.
On other notes, it has been a random start to the week. On Monday, I went to take Noah to the doctor for a check up and our car had been broken into. Nothing was taken, but the door wasn't all the way shut and the love compartment, console, cup holders, ashtray, everything was open. I called Tim and the same thing had happened with the van. It figures the one night we forget to lock our doors, the vehicles would be broken into. We consider ourselves blessed, though, because Tim had all his tools in the van and they didn't take anything. They broke into some other cars in our complex and did take things from those.
Our friends, Matt and Jeana, are in town from California and they spent the day over here with us yesterday. We got together last night with a few other friends and it was so much fun. I miss them. I wish we had money to fly back and forth to see each other all the time. The adoption process for them is moving slowly, it looks like spring of 2009 before they have a referral from China. What an ordeal.
We had a great Easter weekend at Tim and Christina's. We made an awesome breakfast, went to Ada Bible Church for service, and then had an incredibly delicious dinner later that day. Christina and I decided that every other year we would do an Easter with friends. We kind of already started the tradition a couple years ago when we got together. Family are your friends away from home. Thank God for them.

Noah and Wyndham visited with the Easter Bunny at Deanna's Playhouse in Holland on Good Friday.

No comments: