Friday, May 09, 2008

Random Ramblings

It's been a good week in comparison to last week. Noah has been better behaved. Ellie is getting more on a feeding schedule. We're all still alive and here so that has to be good for something.
Not too much is new on our front. I have to cut out dairy for the next few days to see if that is what is causing Ellie to be so gassy. She screams in pain much like Noah did before we found out he was allergic to dairy. I'm praying that's not it, but if it is then so be it. We've at least been through it before and this time around will know what foods and snacks she can and cannot have until she outgrows it. I have been semi-grumpy today since just about everything I go to eat either has milk or cheese or butter in it and I have to put it away again. It will be better when I can get to the store and pick up some rice milk and foods I can actually eat. I might actually try almond milk. I've heard the chocolate flavor is really good. I don't like soy so I'll stay away from that.
We are going to Virginia for Tim's cousin's wedding in 2 weeks. We are so excited. We'll be seeing all his cousins and their families as well as my in-laws and Randy, Deidra and Wyndham AND his sister is coming with the youngest of her boys. We'll miss seeing her husband and the other 3 boys, but we're glad to at least see a couple members from that clan. While we're down there we're going to head on into DC again. Now that Noah is all about dinosaurs we think he'll enjoy the Smithsonian a little more than last year. And since last year we saw all the monuments (I had never been to DC before) we can concentrate more on visiting the different Smithsonian museums. We're staying with his cousin, Jeremy, and his family. Noah will enjoy that because they have 3 boys. It's going to be a great time.
Our friends, Matt & Jeana, leave for China on May 21st. Their "Gotcha Day" is May 26. Jeana sent me an email earlier and is ecstatic to have dates. What a long, emotional and awesome ride this has been for them. God has shown Himself in so many ways in providing for them. We can't wait to meet Emma Rain when they return.
Our friends, Tim & Christina, move on May 29th. What a month this is turning out to be!
Other than that, same old stuff here. I am really thankful for the people in our lives. I have had a nice week with phone calls catching up with people and emails from others that are just very encouraging. This has been a hard adjustment for me going from one child to two children and I appreciate everyone - especially because no one probably even knew I was having a rough couple days last week - who just let God use them as support without knowing it.
Don't forget to call your mothers and/or mothers-in-law to wish them a happy Mother's Day this Sunday! We do hard work and it's nice to know we're appreciated by our children.

3 comments:

Pepper Blossom said...

i have to admitt that i too am very aprehensive about adding another little one... you have handled it well so far. take one day at a time (whatever that means haha) i sure appreciate your honesty and the way that you write about tough things sometimes. so glad that people have been coming out to encourage you. the Lord knows when we really need it. thinking of you too...

JB said...

Hi Andrea! I'm sorry that you've been having a hard time. I'm sure it's a big adjustment to go from one to two kids. You're blessed with a lot of friends and family to support you! Tell Deidra I said hi for me when you see her! She was my RA my freshman year!

Lindsy said...

Happy Mother's Day (a day late!) Glad to hear Noah is doing better With Ellie.....the second year can be such a frustrating (and fun) year....they become so independent that year and like to test the boundaries.
Will you guys venture out to the Kite Festival this coming weekend? We'll be there with the boys :o)