Saturday, August 04, 2007

Then you...are not married?


I had the most perfect evening yesterday. Tim was gone at his last softball game for the season. Noah wasn't feeling well so he went to bed early. And I..I made myself a cup of tea, took the laptop into bed with me and watched "Sense and Sensibility." It was so wonderfully girly and relaxing that I feel it could become an addiction. When Tim came home, he joined me for the rest of it, thankfully not continuing to make comments after just one "look" from me.

I love Jane Austen's novels. I think "Sense and Sensibility" is my favorite novel of her's and Elinor Dashwood is my favorite character. I know there are many people who do/did not like her (such as Emily Bronte) because there does not seem to be much depth in her books. I however love that I can get lost in a pure and fun romance from hundreds of years ago.

I didn't expect to cry while watching it, but I think I've just been so stressed out from moving and planning 2 upcoming events, that I did. As Hugh Grant's character, Edward, explained that he was not engaged anymore and Emma Thompson's character, Elinor, stood up and said, "Then you...are not married?" I lost it. It is such a happy moment.


Sometimes when you are a wife and a mother, cooking and cleaning and keeping doctor's appointments and trying to have a social life, you just need those little feminine moments to lose yourself in.

No comments: