Friday, July 20, 2007

After a long wait....


The final Harry Potter book comes out at midnight tonight. We will be standing in line at Meijer where they are selling it for only $12.99. You just can't beat $12.99 for a brand new, long awaited hardcover book.

Speaking of books, I have been reading like crazy lately. I have three different books going on right now: "The Circle of Quilters" by Jennifer Chiaverini (it is part of a series called "Elm Creek Quilts" that is very entertaining), "1, 2, 3 Magic" by Dr. Thomas Phalin (our pediatrician recommended it when I asked him about discipline strategies for temper tantrums; it is designed specifically for 2-12 year olds), and a marriage book (because I like to read marriage books, not because our marriage is in trouble.)

Since the start of the summer I have read about 3-4 books a week. I love to read. Even Tim has finished a book this summer (he will admit that it is a big accomplishment for him since he is a slow reader.) I think because we got rid of our TV, we have spent more time reading or catching up on movies. At first it was difficult because we would start to open the entertainment center and then remember there was no television set in there. Now, I don't even give it a second thought. It has been refreshing.

We start our move to Grand Haven in a couple weeks. We take possession on the 1st and I would like to be completely moved in and unpacked by the 10th. It shouldn't be too difficult. We've moved so many times I feel like a somewhat expert.

Big things are happening with Tim's work. They are having a meeting today and we will know some more information after that. Say a prayer for God's guidance for us!

1 comment:

FaithChristine said...

hey andrea...would you want to come to my wedding? I'm sending out invites this week and don't have your address...so could you email me with it? thanks. faith [dot] maguire [at] charter [dot] net
~ get it? :-) love ya!