Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Praying Circles






I have tried to read a couple Mark Batterson books in the past.  A few years ago, I picked up "In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day" and got a few pages in.  A couple years ago I tried to read "Radical" and was enjoying it a few a pages in.  I never made it far into either of them.  No offense, Mr. Batterson, if you ever happen to read this.  I think I probably abandoned them for novels I could lose myself in during my brief moments of Mommy-Free-Time. 
Had "The Circle Maker" not come recommended to me by a close friend, and then by my mom, I wouldn't have even picked it up.  I am SO GLAD I did!  It took me about a week to read it.  I was doing so much underlining and jotting notes in the margins, that it took me longer than usual to read a book.  I also didn't want to rush through it but really soak in the words I was reading. 
There were so many verses and stories that really spoke to my heart and I think that last week was the perfect time for me to read this.  I won't give details because I think you should go out and read it yourself.  You won't be disappointed.  

No comments: