Thursday, June 12, 2008

Did You Know....

I've been tagged by a fellow mom and Cornerstone friend, Traci, to share 5 random things about myself. None of them beats her #1 which was being hit by a car and being ok, but I'll see what I can think of...
1. I am terrified of elevators. I avoid them at ALL costs. Even in the last weeks of pregnancy I would haul myself up the stairs to the third floor at least two to three times a week. During labor I walked up them to the labor and delivery floor. I did exit the hospital in a wheelchair on the elevator but only because of the spinal headache and almost passing out every time I stood. By that point I was in so much pain I didn't even realize I was in an elevator. It's not even the claustrophobia, it's having watched movies and being scared the cables will break and I'll plunge to my death. Or that the elevator will get stuck and I'll be trapped for hours with no way to contact anyone (I don't trust those red "emergency" buttons.)
2. I love classic rock music. Give me some Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, or The Doors anyday over this new fangled hip hop/sing-songy rap stuff. Tim, unfortunately, does not share this love although I'm trying to break him.
3. I hate wearing make-up and spending time on my hair. I love the make-up I have but I just hate the process of putting it on. I also don't believe in spending more than 5 minutes max on my hair (that includes blow-drying/curling/straightening) and I get irritated if it does take longer. I also find that make-up is really just a vicious cycle. We women put it on to cover skin flaws, but in doing that it clogs pores, etc. making our skin worse so we put more make-up on it and so on. I put on a full face for church but daily wear either nothing or just mascara and concealer. I also don't use soap to wash my face because it is sensitive.
4. I can make my tendons dance on my knuckles, as Tim calls it. I don't even know how I do it but I can make the tendon on top my index and middle finger knuckles shift back and forth.
5. I have a bump on my nose from where I ran into a glass sliding door in high school. We were visiting my grandparents at their condo in Florida and I walked right into the stupid door. After that my smart aleck grandpa put a sticker at eyeball height on the door so I would know the door was closed.

I'm going to tag...Lydia, Erin, Lacey, Matt (to throw in a guy), and Rachel (ha! now you have to blog!)

1 comment:

daniella said...

I used to put make up on everyday but now that i'm at home, I don't even bother. I'm the same way about my hair. That's one thing I don't miss about my long hair; the need to either straighten it or curl it. Nothing in between works because I have frizzy coarse hair.

Oh, but I do ride elevators for fun.